I’ve just been to a rock festival and thought it would be the perfect time to show you how to dip dye your hair at home.
Personally I like to dye the rest of my hair a shade darker than my natural hair tone before I dye the ends crazy bright colours.
I have bleached the ends of my hair in the past so I can skip this step but if you want the colour to be vibrant I would recommend bleaching the parts of your hair where you want the colour to be.
What you will need
- Hair dye of your choice
- Shower cap (disposable)
- Hair dying brush
- Old towel or tshirt
- An extra pair of hands
- :Hair bleach (optional)
A few tips to on dying the majority of your hair without dying the bleached ends would be –
- Take your time.
- If you do get dye on the bleach just wipe it off. It takes a while for the bleach to soak up the colour.
- Wrap the bleached ends in a hair tie.
- Lastly get someone to help you if you feel you need it.
Before dying the ends read the instructions! Look out for information like how long you can leave the dye on for (from personal experience I would say the longer the better). Does your hair need to be wet, dry, clean or dirty? It all makes the difference!
I use le riche directions hair dye in the shade cerise. This required my hair to be clean and damp.
You might want a extra hand for this. I use my Mamma. Using a dying brush or your fingers. Please please where gloves, it won’t come out for a weeks!
- Put on your old tshirt or wrap a old towel around your shoulders
- Put on your gloves
- Apply the colour to the desired area using your fingers or the dying brush making sure you don’t miss any.
- Put your hair into a disposable shower cap (just to stop it getting everywhere
- Leave it for as long as possible (personally I leave it about an hour)
- Rinse out thougherly
- Apply conditioner and any other treatments you want to use
I hope this helps a little bit.
Have a beautiful day xxx