Long gone are the days when glasses are just associated with “geeks” of the class. Which I have to admit was the reason I hated wearing glasses as a child. Yes glasses make you look intelligent but they can also be a gorgeous accessory that can accentuate your biggest asset…your eyes!
- Face Shape
Firstly you need to find out what suits your face shape. The best way to do this is to stand in front of a mirror and, with permission, take some lipstick or eyeliner that you aren’t that fond of and trace the outer shape of your face.
Here are the most common face shapes that you will see, and the style of glasses that would suit the face shapes
- Heart – Bottom heavy frames to add width to the lower face and Narrow frames to soften the forehead
- Long – Full frames to shorten the face
- Oval – The lucky ones. You can pull off almost anything
- Triangle – Top heavy or semi rimless frames balance out the jaw line
- Square – Oval or Round frames to give you some curves to the face
- Round – Rectangular frames makes the face appear longer and thinner or unswept frames draw attention to the top of the face
As you can tell I have a round face and wear rectangular frames to make my face appear longer and thinner. If it works or not people will beg to differ but I think they balance out my features quite well.
- Makeup tips for glasses wearers
Highlight – Highlight the points of your face that the light will hit first such as the brow bone, bridge of the nose and the tops of your cheek bones. I would also highlight the inner corners of my eyes so they appear brighter. I use Topshops Glow Highlighter in Polish. Don’t forget to use a concealer a shade lighter for your under eye area because the frame on your glasses can make them look darker due to the shadows.
Brows – Define your brows with a powder, pencil or gel as they are the only thing framing your frames you could say. If your lucky enough to have dark full brows you can skip this step.
Eyes – Keep it simple. I usually just apply liquid liner to my upper lash line and apply mascara. Let the glasses do the work.
Lips – Let your lips do the talking. You can go all out with a bright lip or as subtle as you want with just a bit of lip balm. It really depends what look you’re going for.
Always remember confidence is the key to everything. Your Beautiful and don’t let anyone tell you any different!
I hope this helps and if you have any tips for me please let me know!